Personal Interests, Attitudes and Values,
The Competitive Edge
The WHY of your Actions
What is it that causes you to move into action? What are the drivers of your behavior? What activities, careers and conversations inspire a passion within you causing you to want to become involved? The Personal Interests, Attitudes and Values Assessment measures the WHY of your actions, leading to an understanding of the drivers of your behavior and the attitudes that move you into action.
What is an Attitude?
In 1928, Eduard Spranger wrote a, book entitled, "Types of Men." He identified six attitudes or world-views. These attitudes are a type of window through which we view the world and seek fulfillment in our lives. If we are participating in a discussion, activity or career that is in line with our attitudes, we will value the experience. Conversely, if we are in a conversation, activity or career that is against our dominant attitudes, we will be indifferent or even negative toward the experience, possibly causing stress.
The Six Attitudes
- Theoretical: A passion to discover, systematize and analyze; a search for knowledge.
- Utilitarian: A passion to gain return on investment of time, resources and money.
- Aesthetic: A passion to experience the impressions of the world and achieve form and harmony in life; self-actualization.
- Social: A passion to eliminate hate and conflict in the world and to assist others in becoming all they can be.
- Individualistic: A passion to achieve position and to use that position to affect and influence others.
- Traditional: A passion to seek out and pursue the higher meaning in life and achieve a system for living.
The Personal Interests, Attitudes and Values Assessment measures responses in each of the six attitudes. The computerized report shows each of the six attitudes compared to a National Average. You are provided with information on the WHY of your actions, which with application, can tremendously impact your valuing, of life.
A New Valuing of Life
Once you know the attitudes that drive your actions, you will immediately be able to understand the causes of conflict. If you are in a career you are enjoying, or if you are finding little satisfaction in your career, you will understand why. You will understand and appreciate your relationships as you recognize the attitudes of other people. You will see how their attitudes might interact with your own.
The Personal Interests, Attitudes and Values Assessment allows you to take control of your decisions, your life and your valuing of life.
- Know the WHY of your actions. Make career choices that will increase your job satisfaction.
- Understand the causes of conflict.
- Develop an increased appreciation for the uniqueness of others.
- Appreciate the viewpoint of others who see life differently.
- Increase your "valuing" of life.
- Increase your satisfaction and, fulfillment in life.
Personal Interests, Attitudes and Values Assessment, another validated, tested product from TTI that will assist you in becoming the winner you were intended to be.